- Lion sells UK’s Magic Rock and Fourpure – https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2022/08/09/lion-sells-uks-magic-rock-and-fourpure/
- 2022 the strangest year yet – https://craftypint.com/news/2958/2022-craft-beers-strangest-year-yet “Beer sales are down, with some retailers telling The Crafty Pint they’re facing their harshest ever trading conditions in an economy that feels fundamentally different to any other year. ” “If it was summer, I’d be concerned, but I’m not concerned yet,” Nick says (from Warners At The Bay).
- Gage Roads FY22 results (see link here):
- $8.4m EBITDA
- $1m profit just from the Freo venue – $1.5m in first 6 months – potential $3m per year
- 19m litres, 13m for Good Drinks (up 16%)
- Crowdfunding update:
- Liquor loot (Whiskey Loot) EOI – https://www.birchal.com/company/liquorloot – $10m revenue in 3 years
- Dainton – $30m valuation, $550k raised, $7m revenue (same as last year), $18k profit, “To date, our activities have been primarily funded by one of the Company’s founding shareholders (Kevin Wayne Dainton). The founding shareholder has loaned funds of $1,405,924 in total to the Company. ”, “These exceptional circumstances have undoubtedly had a negative impact on our FY22 result and we expect a return to much stronger revenue and EBITDA growth in the current and future financial years.” Invest $10k 20% discount.
- Future Magic – $2.7m valuation, $125k raised of $200-$800k goal,
- 3 Ravens – $10m valuation, $390k raised of $500k-$2m goal, negative balance sheet, $114k loss (4.6% loss), $2.5m revenue down from $3.06m revenue (2019 revenue numbers)
- Lion to brew Swan Draft at Little Creatures – https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2022/08/09/lions-swan-draught-returns-to-wa/
- Sydney Brewing wins every award ever – https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2022/08/08/sydney-brewery-wins-big-at-2022-sydney-royal-awards/
- Coopers new branding – can fermented? https://theshout.com.au/coopers-unveils-new-look-packaging/
- Lager-focused Perentie Brewing announce $6M brewpub (with Burleigh Brewing partnership) – https://www.beerandbrewer.com/lager-focused-perentie-brewing-announce-6m-brewpub/